Memoirs of a Chocolate Banana Fanatic

A memoir of a Typical boy in a Typical quarter-life crisis living in a Typical world.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

The Day I Cease To be A British Citizen

21 years old. The determining age when I have to choose whether to be a "full-time" Singapore Citizen or a "full-time" British Citizen. People may wonder where the hell I get this British Citizenship. Well, for your information, my Dad is Hong Ki. So during the year when I was born, 1984, Hong Kong was still under the British Colony, so that's how and when I got this whacky British Citizenship.

Now, here's the catch. Why would they send me a letter now and ask me to make a choice? Well, did they forget that I am serving the NATIONAL SERVICE? GET THE MESSAGE? HUH? Why would I want to serve 2 years and 2 months of nonsense if I would eventually choose to be a British Citizen? It would make me look like an idiot? RIGHT? Why would someone waste 2 years and 2 months of his life if he could have made use this period to study and get a DEGREE? I would be 22 years old now, and got a degree ages ago, and will be working and earn tons of money instead of some miserable pricky allowance provided by the SAF. WOW!

Welcome to Singapore my dear friends who are foreigners who decided or still considerating of being a PR or a citizen in this GREEN city. -.-"

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home