Memoirs of a Chocolate Banana Fanatic

A memoir of a Typical boy in a Typical quarter-life crisis living in a Typical world.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Everybody in THE CLUB gets TIPSY!

Teen Drinking is VERY BAD!
This post is describing my clubbing experience at Taipei. The difference between Singapore and Taiwan, the very BIG DIFFERENCE, you know what?

THE SERVICE IN TAIWAN IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN SINGAPORE!!!!!!! (if the BLOCK LETTERS are confusing to you, let me repeat myself)
"The service in Taiwan is so much better than Singapore."
Give u a scenario,
when you go clubbing in Singapore, you want to get yourself a drink, but you don't know what to get, and you don't want to spend so much, so you ask the bartender the price of a particular drink like a gin tonic. You will get the stupid glare from that bartender, as if he thinks you are irritating or a thorn in his eye. He might disregard you, or reply you in a very impolite way.
BUT, in taiwan, they will GREET YOU, and smile, telling you the price of a drink or pass you the MENU, AND, they are very POLITE! WOAH! I was like thinking, "Hai.. what is going on with we Singaporeans?"

Let's move on, I went to this club called Luxy in Taipei. The interesting thing about this club, is that they will have this guy with a camera and a host walking around the club filming pretty gals and guys and the dance floor. (sadly, I don't have the good looks, you should know why) And this funny guy who calls himself DA GE GE, claiming to be the floor manager and passes name card to everyone, so if you want to book a table there in future or have any enquires, can give him a call.
It's like a circus in LUXY, there will be dancers dancing on the stage every hour, bartenders juggling bottles with flames, and DJs from different countries like Japan, taking turns at the turn-tables. But check this out! The people there don't understand english, and they are dancing along with hip hop songs, which are all in english. And they dance in a very HYPER MODE or a ROBOTIC MODE. Very funny! I wish I could record that down... I was dancing and hitting on a taiwanese girl who is very SHORT, about the same height of my ex-gf.. little that I know she is attached! GOODNESS! Why can't she tell me? Good thing I wasn't holding her hand when her boyfriend appears from no where. Let's put it this way, taiwanese are so friendly!!!! And people in Singapore, listen, in order to attract more people from foreign countries or to promote tourism here, let's learn to be MORE FRIENDLY ok???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home